SEO stands for search engine optimization, which helps a website increase its online visibility
and thus traffic. Any website that follows the SEO best practices is likely to prove relevant and
valuable to search engines. This helps in improving the search engine result rankings.
Investing in SEO should be a priority for every business. According to BrightEdge, SEO drives
1000%+ more traffic than organic social media.
Let’s explore more about the importance of SEO for a website.
What is SEO?
SEO or Eearch Engine Optimization is a process of improving the website content quality. When
a website follows standard SEO practices, it helps in enhancing the search engine rankings,
website traffic, and leads generated.
Why is SEO Important?
Imagine an iceberg in the middle of the ocean. The tip of the iceberg is visible to the naked, but
the rest of it is submerged deep into the ocean and is not visible.
A smart SEO strategy helps a website maintain a position at the tip of the iceberg, thus
making it easily visible to its target audience.
SEO can be helpful in many ways. Here are some reasons to start with:
● Low investment when you rely on organic SEO practices
● Leads to desired ROIs (return on investment)
● Increases impressions and thus CTR (Click-through rate)
● Better engagements and reputation
● Spreads brand awareness among the target audience
● Improves website credibility
Here are some statistics that further emphasize the importance of SEO for a website:
● According to BrightEdge Organic Channel Report, about 53% of traffic to a website
comes from organic search
● 83% of website traffic comes from SEO enabled practices
● Once a website earns SEO rankings, it is likely to maintain those rankings for a long
● Search engines such as Google support robust algorithms that appreciate and credit
websites that follow SEO best practices and publish valuable content
● SEO also helps create an organized information architecture for your website, which
helps in easy navigation
● SEO helps in establishing a strong brand reputation and create trust among the
● SEO research helps in finding what your target audience is searching for. These
keywords can then help create a content strategy that aligns with your audience’s search
● When you focus on SEO link building, it helps in increasing the inbound links on the web
page. This helps in improving the SERPs (search engine results page) rankings to a
● SEO helps in expanding the global reach of your brand, thus helping you gain leads from
across the globe.
SEO is a powerful practice to improve search engine rankings, impressions, CTRs, leads, and
conversions. All a business needs is a smart organic SEO strategy to start with.
Either appoint an in-house SEO team for the job, or you can also outsource an SEO team that
holds experience and expertise in the field. The aim should be to rank higher on search engines
and build trust among your target audience.
Also, refrain from black hat SEO practices because Google can penalize your website and
adversely affect your rankings and traffic